LEED for Homes
A LEED-certified home is designed and constructed in accordance with the guidelines of the LEED for Homes green building certification program. LEED for Homes is a consensus-developed, third party-verified rating system which promotes the design and construction of high-performance green homes. DEG is one of the original USGBC LEED for Homes Providers and has certified over 8,500 units to da
Davis Energy Group is one of the original twelve providers for U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED for Homes program. DEG has continued to distinguish itself as the expert in green certifications in California. Building on our knowledge and expertise with Title 24, we worked with USGBC to develop the LEED for Homes checklist unique to California and were instrumental in developing the Mid-rise checklist for projects that are four or more stories high. Benefits of LEED for Homes Certification video produced by the U.S. Green Building Council DEG works with a network of Green Raters and HERS Raters throughout California and beyond. DEG offers services as a Green Rater, LEED for Homes AP, and high-performance Title 24 energy modeling simulations to meet any client’s green goals. You can get an idea of LEED for Home requirements and how your home might score through the Green Scoring Tool. LEED for Homes Certification Process
Green Rater Training: Homes 401 Part 1 and Part 2 LEED Version 2008
This is a 2-part course:
Part 1 contains 5 Self-guided Online Learning Modules that are archived and available for you to complete at your time and convenience prior to the start of Part 2. Access instructions to Part 1 will be located in an e-mail from Davis Energy Group after you register for Part 2.
Part 1: Self-guided Online Learning Modules includes:
o 1.1: Becoming a LEED for Homes Green Rater
o 1.2: Green Rater Roles & Responsibilities
o 1.3: Technical Strategies for LEED for Homes
o 1.4: Multifamily & Production Home Projects
o 1.5: Green Rater Tools & Resources
Part 2 Live Instructor-led Workshop, offered online (requires participant audio and video connection)
Dates and Time:
Dates: Wednesday August 24th & Thursday August 25th 2016
Times: Please make sure you are looking at your time zone.
- 7:30AM to 4:00PM PST
- 8:30AM to 5:00PM MST
- 9:30AM to 6:00PM CST
- 10:30AM-7:00PM EST
The Green Rater Training is designed to prepare qualified participants to provide verification services on LEED BD+C: Homes and LEED BD+C: Multifamily Midrise projects; each LEED BD+C: Homes and LEED BD+C: Multifamily Midrise project is verified through third-party onsite verification by a Green Rater. The Green Rater Training is mandatory for professionals pursuing the LEED for Homes Green Rater Certificate.
This is a two-part training:
• Part 1 of the training consists of five self-guided online training modules that introduce you to the roles and responsibilities of a LEED for Homes Green Rater, discuss applicable technical concepts, discuss verification specifics for various building types, and introduce the participant to the tools and resources that Green Raters will use. You will receive an e-mail with access to Part 1 upon registering for the two-day instructor-led workshop.
• Part 2 consist of a two-day instructor-led interactive online course. This highly interactive workshop builds upon the material presented in the Part 1 modules, further preparing you to rate LEED for Homes projects, and delving deep into the verification services you will provide.
Following the training, participants will be eligible to register and take the LEED for Homes Green Rater exam administered through the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI). Once passing the exam, the Green Rater In-training will proceed to complete the required mentorship. Upon successful completion of the mentorship, the participant will be awarded the LEED for Homes Green Rater Certificate.
- Identify responsibilities of a LEED for Homes Green Rater in each phase of a project
- Manage and conduct verification activities
- Effectively use the project checklist file
- Communication effectively with project teams and LEED for Homes Providers
- Apply the sampling protocol on applicable projects
- Prepare accurate and complete certification submittal packages
Requirements for Participation:
Each participant must meet the eligibility qualifications for this course. You can find them on the Green Rater Certification information page here http://www.usgbc.org/articles/leed-green-rater. Each participant must also complete Part 1 before attending Part 2, the 2-day workshop.
All attendees must be able to have a camera on their computer or laptop and take the course in a quiet workspace as you will not be on mute. Interaction with instructor and classmates is required. Your participation is required for 100% of the live instructor-led online workshop.
Fees & Tickets:
The fee for this course is $595 if you are a national USGBC member or $695 if you are a non-member.
To register for this course, please follow this link and instructions to purchase your ticket: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/green-rater-training-part-2-tickets-26786940460?utm_term=eventurl_text
For questions, please email Natalie Fladager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at (530) 753-1100 x 32